The objective of the National Film Centre is to implement the national policy in the cinema and film industry and to administer the funds from the State budget intended for film industry.
- to administer the funds from the State budget intended for film industry;
- to promote sustainable development and competitiveness of film industry of Latvia;
- to promote the creation of films, as well as the availability and distribution of audiovisual heritage in Latvia and around the world;
- to co-ordinate the participation of film industry of Latvia in European support programmes for the audio-visual field;
- to register film producers;
- to supervise the fulfilment of the provisions for the classification of films; and
- to perform other functions specified in the regulatory enactments in the field of cinema.